Re: LEP: Improve our Launchpad setup scripts

On 05/22/2012 04:49 PM, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> I like it.
>
> The "Support all the customized environments that can possibly be used
> by Launchpad developers (i.e. lightweight checkouts)." is a bit
> hyperbolic.  It would be better to say what you *will* support.

Good point, thank you. The current implementation (that we are using for
parallel tests) reproduces what is done by rocketfuel-setup: it creates
a shared repository containing the devel branch.

> Personally, I think the default set-up should be bzr's native
> colocated branches.  This basically removes the need for a
> rocketful-branch script, since you can just use "bzr switch -b".

AFAICT, having the set up described above, the developer can freely
choose what to use: normal branches or co-located ones.
We are trying to at least support, and hopefully improve, all the
features already present in the rocketfuel-* scripts (e.g.
rocketfuel-branch).

--
Francesco Banconi