Tarmac on Canonistack

On Jun 26, 2012, at 17:40 , James Westby wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:46:47 -0400, Brad Crittenden <brad.crittenden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 22, 2012, at 17:54 , James Westby wrote:
>>

>>> I'd be happy to share a sanitised version of the scripts we do use
>>> (based on fabric) if you'd like to build on them.
>>
>> James thanks for offering your scripts.  I'd really like to see what
>> you'd done if you'd point me to them.
>
> Hi,
>
> A sanitised version with terse instructions in the README is at
>
>  lp:~james-w/+junk/tarmac-puppet

James the terse instructions were quite complete and easy to follow.  Thanks.

I've pushed another sanitized branch with some changes you might want to consider.  It is at ~bac/+junk/tarmac-puppet-sanitized/

* Updated README in one or two places where I thought it was a bit confusing.
* Changed fabfile.py to use a precise image, which required slight modification to the puppet command invocation.
* Use the newer ssh-import-id package from Dustin's PPA as the version in lucid incorrectly rejected the SSH keys for 80% of the Yellow squad.  This change to tarmac.pp works but can probably be done nicer by someone who actually knows Puppet.

Thanks a bunch for making your work sharable.

--Brad