Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Archive management plans for phone RTM

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  * CI and Foundations team members will spend the next two months making
>    sure that all the tools we need are in place.  This includes fixing
>    up derived distributions, preparing an initialisation script, making
>    sure that the CI engine (train or airline, as appropriate) can handle
>    building for a derived distribution, and adding support for
>    ubuntu-touch image builds from derived distributions.

What will be involved in bringing CI Train up to speed for derived
distributions? Currently CI Train is able to do releases targeted at a
"series" (trusty, utopic), or arbitrary PPAs.

The PPA option would have been a lot easier from a CI Train
perspective, requiring no code changes on our end.

I'm happy to do the work, all I need is a little guidance on what is
actually necessary to make it happen.