Re: New project: BleachBit

Hi Andrew,

2009/8/10 Andrew Ziem <ahz001@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I have appointed Launchpad-translators to translate BleachBit.  I
> invite you to help translate it, and I thank you in advance for your
> efforts.

thanks for letting us know about your project!

> I make a deliberate effort to make BleachBit easy to translate by
> minimizing the number of strings, minimizing edits, spell checking
> English strings, and including translation hints.   If translators
> want, I will try to email them in advance of release dates.  Please
> contact me with any suggestions.
>
> Translators are credited on the BleachBit release notes web page (by
> their Launchpad names) for translations since the last release.

I see that the translation permission policy for your project is set
to "Open". We are trying to have projects that use a "structured"
permission for translations, in order to have the best QA. There are
pros and cons to this approach obviously. If you would like to take
into consideration the idea of switching to a "structured" permission,
that would be great.

If you need more information on the policies used inside Launchpad for
translations, please refer to these help pages: [1] [2], or don't
hesitate to ask here.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work with your project!

Ciao.

[1] https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LaunchpadTranslators
[2] https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject#Choosing%20a%20permissions%20policy

--