Re: New project: BleachBit

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Milo Casagrande<milo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> 2009/8/10 Andrew Ziem <ahz001@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I have appointed Launchpad-translators to translate BleachBit.  I
>> invite you to help translate it, and I thank you in advance for your
>> efforts.
>
> thanks for letting us know about your project!
>
>> I make a deliberate effort to make BleachBit easy to translate by
>> minimizing the number of strings, minimizing edits, spell checking
>> English strings, and including translation hints.   If translators
>> want, I will try to email them in advance of release dates.  Please
>> contact me with any suggestions.
>>
>> Translators are credited on the BleachBit release notes web page (by
>> their Launchpad names) for translations since the last release.
>
> I see that the translation permission policy for your project is set
> to "Open". We are trying to have projects that use a "structured"
> permission for translations, in order to have the best QA. There are
> pros and cons to this approach obviously. If you would like to take
> into consideration the idea of switching to a "structured" permission,
> that would be great.

I am "open" to changing in the near future :) , but first I would like
to take some time to see how the teams work and to notify my existing
translators.

How much does the QA process delay the translations?

> If you need more information on the policies used inside Launchpad for
> translations, please refer to these help pages: [1] [2], or don't
> hesitate to ask here.

Lately I release the application about every two weeks.  I see the
link you suggested reads, "When you are due to release a new version
of your project, contact the team and let them know when you would
like to release: in this way translators can better organize their
work. It is good to advise them at least two weeks before a release."
  I try to have my strings complete a week ahead.  So I should post a
quick email to this mailing list with the release date?  The list of
subscribers[1] seems short (approximately one subscriber per
language).