Re: 11 new strings in BleachBit 0.8.7

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Nicolas Delvaux
<nicolas.delvaux@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are new strings for BleachBit 0.8.7.  Thank you in advance!
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> A question about this string: "Reset the search engine usage history and
> delete non-factory search engines, some of which are added automatically"
>
> What is a "non-factory search engine" in this context? I never saw this
> expression before (neither do Google it seems ;-))
> Is it just a non-used search engine?

These pages explains a little
https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95653
https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95426

By "factory," I mean that Google Chrome comes with search engines for
Google, Bing, Yahoo, and maybe one other (?), and the browser lets the
user which is the default.  These 3-4 initial search engines are the
"factory" where the word "factory" is similar to "factory settings."

Later as the user visits web sites, the browser automatically adds
additional search engines such as Youtube, CNN, etc.  These are the
non-factory search engines.

If you have an idea for a better English string, I will consider it
(but probably not for 0.8.7---see below).

> As a side request, it would be cool if you could provide a ppa with
> daily-builds of BleachBit for Ubuntu, so that we can test our translations
> with the very latest code without needing to pull from VCS (this may require
> a more regular import from VCS to Bazaar).

Thanks for the suggestion: I will think about it.

What I do now is freeze the strings, so the beta version will look
just like the final.  As far as I remember, I have never broken the
string freeze.  Version 0.8.6 was unique because there was no beta
version and because it was released so quickly, so the final version
had two untranslated strings for most languages.

Best regards,
Andrew