Re: Digest for this list?

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Dominik Mayer <dominik.mayer@xxxxxx>wrote:

> Why can't the digest just be sent from a no-reply address?

Since only people who choose the digest option would be confronted with
this, I think that's a pretty good idea.

Of course, if digests were prepared differently than we usually see them,
the various issues raised here could all be dealt with.

For instance a large space could follow each included post, with a button
whose isolation would make it stand out, reading "Respond to *this* post."
And it would link to an online posting page, already containing the
appropriate subject line and quoted text.

No, I haven't seen something like this done already.  But surely there are
enough developers on Launchpad to figure out how it could be simply built.
The point isn't to annoy one-half the readers on the list (those who want
digests or those who hate careless responses to digests). The point is to
make all the information shared on the list accessible to as many people as
can use it.

Anyway, I'll unsubscribe (and utilize the web archive) or start using Gmail
filters that move messages out of the Inbox.

Thanks,
Roger

--
Roger Sperberg