Re: bzr checkout lp?

Mike Rooney wrote:
>    On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Andrew Bennetts
>    <[1]andrew.bennetts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>      On the other hand, it's not hard to generate a second SSH keypair and
>      register it with your Launchpad account. �That's what I'd do in this
>      situation.
>
>    Have you tried to do this on a fresh Windows install, and then get bazaar
>    to recognize it? I gave up after about 20 minutes, and really all I wanted
>    to do was checkout publicly available code. It may be quite simple for
>    intermediate-advanced users in the linux world, but I challenge your
>    assertion in the general case :)

Not for several years :)

Yes, it's much harder on Windows :(

>      You can also delete the launchpad_username line from your
>      bazaar.conf, which should make lp: URLs resolve to HTTP rather than
>      bzr+ssh automatically; i.e. if you don't have an SSH key on a
>      machine, don't use "bzr launchpad-login".
>
>    I personally have not had luck with this, I have tried clearing out my
>    launchpad-login and whoami to no avail in these situations.

Strange, removing launchpad_username from my .bazaar.conf was all I needed
to do make lp: URLs use HTTP.  I suppose you could try clearing out the
Launchpad parts of ~/.bazaar/authentication.conf (or whereever it is on
Windows) as well.  Which version of bzr?

-Andrew.