Re: https ? why?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Christian Robottom Reis
<kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 08:46:39AM -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>> So lets get to the point. You mentioned that setting it up so that
>> https is used only if users is logged is a bit tricky vs implementing
>> https for all was immediate?  I would think this shouldn't be that
>> hard(maybe 2-3 days) so I guess maybe we should start talking how
>> should it be setup/ vs what needs to be done?
>
> I didn't understand your sentence, but whatever it is you're suggesting,
> 2-3 days is crazy <wink>. This requires significant change in how we
> authenticate our users -- it really isn't as simple as it might appear
> initially. It is something we will look into after July.

I would be interested to know how this process works on
launchpad.net...now and what would need to be done. Can you discuss
that or is that private information?

July sounds good.

Also,
I've updated the bug with some benchmarks for launchpad vs
googlecode,sourceforge, bitbucket...etc.

Lucas