Re: Problems with map locations

Curtis Hovey a écrit :
On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 16:23 -0700, Charlie Poole wrote:
We're seeing problems with users updating their location on
the map. Under certain circumstances, the pointer ends up
in the middle of Russia after clicking update. This occurred
for one user in North America and another in Sweden.

I suspect this has something to do with dragging at a low-res
zoom level, then zooming in and dragging further without pressing update in between but I haven't experimented with
it systematically.

I can try some further experiments, but I thought I'd check
to see if this is a known problem first.

This is bug 387738 [Launchpad refuses to believe that I don't live in
Russia, near the Kazakhstan border]
<https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+bug/387738>

Something has changed in either Google and/or geonames; our code passes
data betweenthem and has not changed in many months. This is the first
time the problem has affected users i North America and Sweden. This is
new information. All the other cases were near Greenwich, which implied
a problem near 0 longitude.

I'm also affected by the bug (my location is Barcelona, Spain), and I end up located somewhere off the coast of Georgia. I had filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/392864, so I marked it as duplicate of https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+bug/387738.

Olivier