Re: Anyone working with Mercurial?

Tim Post wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I'm hoping to find a reliable way of keeping a read only (one way)
> mirror of
> some code bases to correspond with their blueprints in Launchpad. I'm
> trying
> to simplify the process of having to maintain a bazaar repo for the 30 +
> repositories that are going into the project.
>
> This means, I have 60 repos to roll back even if bazaar becomes a one way
> mirror should something unfortunate occur.
>
> Has someone found a way to make this practical? Each repo is its own set of
> utilities and libraries which will eventually become .deb's and .rpm's.
>
> When we begin porting some stuff to Minix3, this is going to get even more
> confusing.
>
> I love launchpad. I have to use Mercurial. There must be some easy way to
> make this work.
>
> Thanks in advance, everything I can think of is just too much to do with
> limited time and availability.

I'm not actually sure what you're asking.  You would like to have a
bunch of Bazaar branches on Launchpad that mirror Mercurial branches?
That would be nice, but isn't possible yet.  There is a bzr-hg plugin
that allows Bazaar to pull from Mercurial branches, but (a) I don't
think it's especially complete and (b) it's something you'd have to set
up yourselves.  But that shouldn't be too hard, a few shell scripts
running out of cron should be able to do that...

Cheers,
mwh