Re: Launchpad has a new css with old fonts

kit BLAKE wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems there was an update of Launchpad, and I notice the fonts have
> changed and this has made a lot of the layout funky. Headings such as
> "Actions" and the unfoldable "Filters", "Tags", etc. don't line up
> properly and everything is clunkier.
>
> Coincidentally I have an 'old' screen in another tab, and the body
> font, which used to be Trebuchet ("Trebuchet MS","DejaVu Sans
> Condensed","Tahoma",sans-serif) is now just sans-serif. In my browser
> (FF on OSX) that defaults to good old boring Helvetica.
>
> In the bug description screens the message font is simply monospace
> (defined inline) which renders disproportionately large as default.
>
> IMHO the look and feel was vastly better before.

Thanks.  We made a mistake when rolling out the changes to the CSS, in
that we didn't increase the revision number of the CSS file.

If you're interested, here's how it works.  In the main template of
Launchpad, we link to the CSS files (and other graphics and javascript
files) using a like like:

  https://launchpad.net/+icing/rev42/launchpad.css

The software is written so that we can put anything between '+icing' and
the name of the file.  So, we put 'rev42' in.  Now, when we update the
CSS or graphics, we can change 'rev42' to 'rev43', and this forces
browsers to reload all the CSS and graphics at the same time.

We forgot to increase this revision number when we changed the CSS in
this release, hence the problems you've seen.

We'll fix this soon.

--
Steve Alexander