Re: using edge.launchpad.net to make changes bounces back

Hi Shirish,

What you are observing is not a bug nor a regression. In fact it's
unreleased code that we are testing.  (Edge is our pre-release code
testing server as the banner indicates.)

Previously you would click on the package name in yellow (sometimes
referred to as a "bug task") and it would expand to allow you to edit
status and importance. The code on edge has been altered. Clicking on
the package name now gives you all of the bugs associated with that
package. The edit function has been moved to the "status" and
"importance" columns since that is actually what you would be
changing.

Joey

On 8/1/07, shirish <shirishag75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi all,
>      What I mean to say would be clear in a moment. Do the following :-
>
> 1. Use edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu (its a persistent session at my end)
> 2. Then as usual take any package
> 3. Go to the bugs section & take any bug
>
>   For e.g. https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.17/+bug/124822
>
> I chose this bug as its new & nothing is known about this bug just to
> keep things simple.
>
> 4. Now click on the package given in affects to make changes, one gets
> bounced back to the bug list.
>
> I'm been observing this 'regression' on FF atleast . I have tried the
> same on dapper  (FF 1.5.0.2) as well as on gutsy (2.0.0.6) as well as
> FF 3 (3.0a5). Lemme know if any feedback is needed.
> --
>           Shirish Agarwal
>   This email is licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>
> 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17
>
> --

Office: +1-303-800-6609, Skype: happyhacking, IRC: Rinchen