Re: Unable to build i386 packages

On 8/1/07, William Grant <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 08:02 +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> > Quoting Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > > Can you point me to the pending build URL ?
> >
> > The packages were eventually build, long after they were queued.
>
> It was probably the language pack builds holding everything up. Might it
> be a good idea to reduce the build score of these automated mass builds?
> Convincing the build queuer to distribute arch: all builds to amd64 as
> well would be nice.

Hi Pau,

"Which builder to use" decision doesn't belong to the queue-builder, but
instead to the slave-scanner (build dispatcher/ result collector).

Anyway, despite of being already in our plans, a realistic solution for
build arch-independent binaries in any builder available will require deeper
changes in the way the builders work today.

(good news is that PPA is going to help us to test those changes quickly)

This situation will get better, or at least, the problem will be mitigated, by
having more i386 builders in production.

Thanks
[]
--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxx>