Re: PPA and the distribution - what's the plan?

"Neil Wilson" <aldursys@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm presuming from the blurb that the build system for PPA will always
> build against the current ubuntu development release and will
> completely ignore whatever you put in the debian/changelog entry as
> the target.

This is not correct.

See i.e.
https://dogfood.launchpad.net/~siretart/+archive/+builds?build_text=initramfs&build_state=all

> Is there a view on these issues, or have I perhaps misunderstood the
> process?

Yes, there is a misunderstanding on your side. Your upload will be build
in chroot you uploaded it to. See my dput.cf for example

That target will always upload to gutsy, and not check the Distribution
field of your changes file:

[ppa-gutsy]
fqdn = upload.dogfood.ubuntu.com
incoming = ~siretart/ubuntu/gutsy
login = anonymous

That target will always upload to feisty, and not check the Distribution
field of your changes file:

[ppa-feisty]
fqdn = upload.dogfood.ubuntu.com
incoming = ~siretart/ubuntu/feisty
login = anonymous

That target will check the Distribution field of your changes file:

[ppa]

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4