Re: PPA feedback

Quoting Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

Jonathan Riddell [2007-08-10 10:44 +0100]:
It should be available for other versions of Ubuntu than the current
development version, so we can test packages for -backports etc.
(Incidently the documentation talks about the "latest" version of
ubuntu, which isn't clear until you try that means the development
version rather than latest released version.)

It is available. Just set the upload target right in debian/changelog:
"feisty", "edgy", and "dapper" work well for me for langpacks.

I guess Jonathan was talking about using the same package name.

The only way I have found to build the same package for several distributions is to give different names to each version's package (mypackage-1.2_feisty. Is there any other way?

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org