Re: how to set or change the "Affects" field for a bug

Hiya,

On 04/09/07, Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/4/07, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you want to change the existing task (which Affects
> > linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15) you'd just click on the expander image
> > [1] and then change the Package: entry in the appearing form to
> > something else.
> >

> I feel stupid that I didn't see it before... I wonder though that if
> the expander image was next to the package name for the "Affects"
> field that it would be more intuitive for users (since it would be
> consistent.

I agree. When this change was brought in I felt that it was
inconsistent because the drop down menu does in fact include the
ability to change the package name as well as the status, importance
etc:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/launchpad-users/2007-August/001982.html

It feels wrong that different consequences follow from clicking on
links which are so closely related.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org