Re: Upstream access to Ubuntu package bugs

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:10:50PM +0100, Matthew Revell wrote:
> I'm told that they've expressed frustration at not being able to set
> importances, see private bugs and set wishlist bugs. These tasks are
> reserved for the Ubuntu drivers, as it's an Ubuntu package and not the
> upstream project.

I remember this request, but there seems to be a rush to solutions
instead of considering how they should work.

There are two ways forward here: either the Amarok team go through the
process of being Ubuntu QA and are given the required privileges, or
they manage their own Amarok tasks in bugs.

There are ways of improving both these approaches:

    - We could offer a per-package official bug contact, which would
      still be official Ubuntu QA, but only for a specific package.

    - We could offer ways of better tracking the upstream task for
      the Ubuntu context. This requires some brainstorming, but maybe
      for triage purposes we could say "Ubuntu task follows upstream".

I'd be happy to consider either of these approaches. Do people have
other suggestions of changes we could make?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125