Re: Broken imports of OpenOffice translations

Daniel Nylander schrieb:
> I have reviewed the Swedish translations for OpenOffice and has (once
> again) discovered A LOT of faulty strings, they are both wrong and in
> English. I did check both Swedish and French translations.
>
> Example:
>
> English: VCLTestTool
> Current Swedish: StarTestTool (that can't be right)
>
> English: ©1995-2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> Current Swedish: ®1995-1998 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> Current French: ®1995-1998 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>
> English: ~Search for
> Current Swedish: ~Previous text (this is not Swedish)
> Current French: ~Ancien texte (this one is probably correct)
>

> Solution:
> Please re-import ALL OpenOffice translation from upstream.
>
> I will not import them manually to solve this. I still don't like the
> translation priority in Launchpad. Upstream translations are considered
> to be more correct, reviewed and tested than downstream ones.

This is not a direct rosetta import problem; please have a look at the OOo
sources and check if the swedish translation can be found there or not. AFAIC
upstream did decide to copy the english text for missing translations because
the missing text caused problems (crashes).  Of course this makes it hard for
the rosetta import.

  Matthias