Re: Malone UI changes

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:10:20PM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 11.09.2007, 11:44 -0300 schrieb Christian Robottom Reis:
> > The first question I have is: what's missing in the +text version of
> > the bug that leads you to parsing HTML? Here is a sample:
> >
> >     https://launchpad.net/bugs/1/+text
>
> we don't have comments in there

Can you please file a bug for this? We could add comments there -- it
just hasn't been done. Use the tag "api" and I'll try and get this done
for 1.1.11.

> , can't do modifications.

This is a separate problem -- for this we need a modification API. We
did a sprint last month to plan the infrastructure to allow this, and it
is the next big project for Barry and Bjorn once their current plates
are clean. Part of the problem is authentication, then the rest is
standardizing the APIs and actually implementing them.

> > We also have a +bugs-text listing for searches, but that appears to be
> > non-functional (and I'm not sure why, but if you had been using it you'd
> > have complained by now :-)
>
> Also in the bug listing we need the link to the next page to be able to
> get all bugs and not just 75 of them.

Well, +bugs-text doesn't do paging (it isn't very useful right now, but
that's something else).

    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/51836

I'm not sure what you mean here :-)

> > However, it is much easier for us to communicate updates to our
> > parseable exports; we could even version them conveniently.
>
> That'd be awesome; let me know about channels, mailing lists or wiki
> pages we should track to not have to find out what piece of the HTML
> page broke the tools this time. :-)

Well, I want the HTML-parsing to stop, and that's why I'm asking these
questions :-)
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125