Re: Malone UI changes

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.09.2007, 12:35 -0300 schrieb Christian Robottom
Reis:

Done: https://bugs.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/139327

> This is a separate problem -- for this we need a modification API. We
> did a sprint last month to plan the infrastructure to allow this, and it
> is the next big project for Barry and Bjorn once their current plates
> are clean. Part of the problem is authentication, then the rest is
> standardizing the APIs and actually implementing them.

What's going to be the interface to that? XMLRPC?

> Well, +bugs-text doesn't do paging (it isn't very useful right now, but
> that's something else).

We'd need that for tools like bugnumbers.

> Well, I want the HTML-parsing to stop, and that's why I'm asking these
> questions :-)

I can see benefits of using the +text pages. Benefits for Launchpad and
for python-launchpad-bugs. We could have a separate backend for that,
but at the moment we would have to parse the HTML pages anyway, because
things like paging, tags, comments, links to attachments, etc etc are
missing. Most of all modifications are not possible.

It'd also require quite an amount of work to get that backend done and
tested, but it'd surely be do-able. I personally feel that it'd be too
much effort in an interim solution.

Markus: what do you think?

Have a nice day,
 Daniel