Re: PPA: status: dependency wait - why isn't it automatically requeued?

Hi,

Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> Yeah, I installed mythtv packages from your PPA and discovered that
> problem. The configuration screens of plugins like mythvideo would
> complain about libmyth version conflict.

sorry for your trouble. I start a rebuild manually last night, a working
Mythplugins package should be done by now.

Cprov told me on IRC that they're working on this problem:

> 19:30 < cprov> laga: I'm aware, it's a known issue and will be
> addressed in early times of 1.1.10 (next week). Sorry, but we have
> urgent bits to care this week:(

 I've been trying to build the
> binary packages on my own system starting from your source packages to
> learn about the process and try to figure out how to make it work
> correctly.

Feel free to join the ubuntu-mythtv mailing list to ask your questions.
I'm afraid that'd be a bit off-topic here :)

> I noticed that you have a ">=" libmyth-dev dependency. Since all mythtv
> components must be built against the same library version, shouldn't
> that test be "="?

Not necessarily - newer versions of libmyth can be fine as well. But
you're right, I'll probably make it "==".

I'm very new to Ubuntu packaging, so I could be
> completely wrong. I'm struggling to put together the plethora of tools
> for modifying, building, signing, and distributing packages. It's
> surprisingly complex.

There are some nice guides out there - the Debian New Maintainer's
Guide, for example. I'm sure the Ubuntu MOTU guys have similar
documentation.