Re: Massive bug expiration spree (Restoring all bugs to their previous status)

Hi Curtis,

(now writing from my home account, in case you're wondering)

Am Mittwoch 26 September 2007 01:54:38 schrieb Curtis Hovey:
> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 10:49 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, 25. September 2007 03:29 schrieb Curtis Hovey:
> > > We plan to restore all bugs marked as Invalid by the Launchpad Janitor
> > > back to their previous status of Incomplete. We will also be removing
> > > the message that the Launchpad Janitor left in the comments.
> >
> > Please don't remove any janitor comments, just add new ones stating that
> > the bug status will get restored. Otherwise it will look as if bug states
> > change at random and comments appear and disappear by random as well.
>
> Hi stefan: Since my script to correct this is still in review, I'll look
> into this. Generally, adding another comment will result in another
> mailing. I'm not sure so many people would appreciate another round of
> emails from Launchpad Janitor so soon, so I'll look into what I can do
> to update the comments.

Not too sure if that's true. From my perspective as a user (which I'm often
enough when filing bugs) I guess I definitely would like another mail being
informed that my bug was closed on accident. As a developer, who's currently
pretty lazy and isn't subscribed to too many bugs, I'd likewise like a
comment so that I can check if everything went fine now. Not too sure if this
applies to people being subscribed to a large number of bugs equally, like
busy devs or people from bugsquad.

Cheers,
   Stefan.