Re: Massive bug expiration spree (Restoring all bugs to their previous status)

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 21:19 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi Curtis,
>
> (now writing from my home account, in case you're wondering)
>
> Am Mittwoch 26 September 2007 01:54:38 schrieb Curtis Hovey:
> > On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 10:49 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Please don't remove any janitor comments, just add new ones stating that
> > > the bug status will get restored. Otherwise it will look as if bug states
> > > change at random and comments appear and disappear by random as well.
> >
> > Hi stefan: Since my script to correct this is still in review, I'll look
> > into this. Generally, adding another comment will result in another
> > mailing. I'm not sure so many people would appreciate another round of
> > emails from Launchpad Janitor so soon, so I'll look into what I can do
> > to update the comments.
>
> Not too sure if that's true. From my perspective as a user (which I'm often
> enough when filing bugs) I guess I definitely would like another mail being
> informed that my bug was closed on accident. As a developer, who's currently
> pretty lazy and isn't subscribed to too many bugs, I'd likewise like a
> comment so that I can check if everything went fine now. Not too sure if this
> applies to people being subscribed to a large number of bugs equally, like
> busy devs or people from bugsquad.

I agree an email needs to go out to everyone explaining what happened
and exactly when this will be fixed. Using the Launchpad Janitor (which
can send out the emails) to fix this requires a lot of time compared to
the simple and fast effort to fixing corrupted data. I also want to
avoid an avalanche of email going out to each person.

I prefer that an announcement is made to several lists explaining that
all bugs that users have not corrected by hand will be restored be at
xx:xx UTC.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/