Re: Use of Launchpad for a Project

Hi Charlie,

Charlie Poole wrote:
> Can you see all this working on LaunchPad? Would it translate
> to multiple projects? One project but multiple Teams? Any
> examples of similar things being done - at an application
> scale as opposed to an entire distro, that is?

Yes, I think it will work very well. Launchpad has the concept of a
project group, where you have multiple projects that are part of a
project group. One example you could look at is the Bazaar project
group: https://launchpad.net/bazaar
Bazaar has a core, many plugins, UI front-ends, etc.

Probably the best way to tell whether your project needs a project group
is to look at how you do releases. If you want to release everything at
once, syncronized, then you are probably better off as a single project.
But if you want to release different components on different schedules,
then it probably makes sense to set up a project group for you.

If you decide to go the project group route, file a question here to get
the group created:
http://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+addquestion

--
Elliot "statik" Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/