RE: Use of Launchpad for a Project

Hi Elliot,

> Thanks! NUnit is a great project, thank you for working on
> it. We're glad you are looking at Launchpad for hosting NUnit.

Thanks for the welcome. The answers (snipped) you gave me on
specific questions all seem pretty good to me.

One of the things I am trying to accomplish is to split NUnit
into multiple projects, which can move ahead at their own pace.
For example, there are several frameworks NUnit supports, the
core test engine, a console runner application and several guis.

While NUnit isn't as big as many projects, it's big enough that
there's a lot to learn for a new contributor. If someone could
work on - say - a framework enhancement, get it working and
then push it up to the mainline, things might be a bit easier.

On top of that, of course, we have add-ins, some of which might
get integrated into an NUnit distribution while others might
simply remain as separate applications.

Can you see all this working on LaunchPad? Would it translate
to multiple projects? One project but multiple Teams? Any
examples of similar things being done - at an application
scale as opposed to an entire distro, that is?

Charlie

PS: I'm lurking on the IRC channel. Most likely I'll
talk eventually. :-)