RE: Welcome. some problems with Launchpads (OOPS-664C1133...)

Philippe Verdy wrote:
> Christian Robottom Reis [mailto:kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> > I can't reproduce this:
> >
> >     https://help.launchpad.net/FAQ
> >     https://help.launchpad.net/Feedback
> >
> > All of these work fine for me.
>
> I just see the decorations, the central content is empty.
> Looking at the HTTP session, this may be caused by invalid HTTP protocol
> (returning an incorrect page size, so this would be a bug in the Wiki
> server, or incorrect SSL that breaks the session in the middle...)

The invisible part of the page is all what is within:

       <a id="top"></a>
       ...(the wiki content)...
      <h2>Wiki Destinations</h2>
      <h2>Page Actions</h2>

After looking at the code, this seems related to a bug in the website CSS
stylesheet:

http://launchpad.net/+icing/rev3/style.css
line 70:

#maincontent {
  display:inline;
  float:left;
  position:relative;
}

A "display:inline" element cannot float left... This should be
"display:block". And if it is floating, it can't be positioned at relative
position. There's some contradiction, and the result is unpredictable, as
one of these properties must be ignored (normally the last option wins, but
this is not guaranteed).

Changing it to "display:block" should solve the problem.