Re: Can't create launchpad account or obtain password reminder

Update:
- I'm in! Inevitably, after N failed attempts to set up an account,
the time I actually come here for help, the password arrived in the
mail two minutes later. We'll never know what ate the other requests
filed over the previous month. Thanks to Joey for checking this time.
- Christian, sorry for blocking your message. The Brazilians I know
are all here in France and have French ISPs, so I had set the Pobox
spam filter to reject mail from .br (and from Korea, Nigeria, and a
few other countries where I knew noone). I've set the filter merely to
flag such mail now.
- Philippe (and anyone else that believes that Pobox is "sending its
own share of spams"): the stupid decision to block mail from .br was
mine, not theirs, and I would be surprised if they are actually
sending spam as you suggest because their SMTP server authenticates
their customers before it will relay mail, and their co-founder Meng
Wong is also one of the originators of the SPF (Sender Policy
Framework) mail authentication protocol. However, that does make them
an excellent target for a reputation attack via fake sender headers
that as you point out are "almost always forged by real spammers".
Thanks for your patience with my clumsy entry to the list and
launchpad. I'll try to find a project I can help quietly with now.