Visual Effects not working in ubuntu gutsy.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joop Eggen <joop_eggen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Jan 4, 2008 5:34 AM
Subject: AW: Visual Effects not working in ubuntu gutsy.
To: Julián Alarcón <alarconj@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
as I think you have posted to the wrong mailing list, and as I have twice experienced the same problem, here my solutions:
on one PC, after an internet search, I installed via the package manager "xgl" (I believe, or "aiglx" or something).
On another PC it was simply the case of installing the vendor's hardware driver, so one needs to have the installation sources also set to multiverse/proprietary drivers.

Joop