Re: access to Launchpad binaries (was freemat_3.5-0ubuntu1_source.changes rejected)

Hi,

Michael B. Trausch:
> The question in my mind is why has Launchpad been---and why is
> it---currently a closed-source, proprietary project of Canonical's?  Is
> there any reason that the work being done on it is being done behind
> closed doors?  If so, what is that reason?  Could not the community be
> more helpful to the Launchpad project if the source for it and its
> various subsystems were available in a publicly reachable bzr branch?

Mark's vision, as far as I understand it, is that bug tracking needs to
be far more integrated than it is today.

So what he wants is a bug tracker that can be seamlessly integrated with
other bug trackers, including other instances of itself. Releasing a
version of Launchpad into the wild (so to speak) that can't do that yet
would defeat this purpose.

My undrstanding is that LP will become open, or at least more open,
once that is in place.

Disclaimer: I'm not Mark.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx