Re: RE: access to Launchpad binaries (was freemat_3.5-0ubuntu1_source.changes rejected)

Hi!

(``-_- wrote:
On Thursday 10 January 2008 23:17:17 Philippe Verdy wrote:
It's true that Launchpad was created by the promoter of the Ubuntu Linux distrib, but Launchpad is still in itself a proprietary platform with closed sources,
whose objectives  do not match perfectly with the advertised intent to "open" its platform to  other open sourced or free projects.

I wonder if Launchpad could provide the binaries/installer for itself, so users/devs like me could install it on our own servers, and not depend on Canonical servers.
That would allow for us to have it as public or private as we wish.
Also it should allow installers to choose any kind of license on it...

It would be a great replacer for bugzilla and Issue Tracker.

What do you guys/gals think? Would this be possible?

We're focused on making Launchpad the best possible collaboration platform for the free software community, and currently we make it available as a free service, rather than as distributed software. Ultimately we would like to achieve seamless collaboration between bug trackers regardless of where the software is hosted.

--
Elliot "statik" Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/