Re: newbie getting nowhere

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 10:11:38AM +0200, Donn wrote:
> Is there a simple help page somewhere that will walk me through each step so
> that I can get my 'code' (really just an svg file and some images - for a
> test) onto the LP site? I also want a 'download' link so that people can
> actually get the tarball from the page.

There are a few pages, at least.

    https://help.launchpad.net/FeatureHighlights/EasyBranching
    http://www.justuber.com/blog/2007/04/25/how-to-use-bazaar-and-launchpad-for-hosting-your-code/

> I followed the '5 minute guide' but that advises +junk which got me all
> tangled-up. I have been clicking around in a bewildering dance of links and
> strange phrases and just can't crack the flow.

You should use +junk branches for stuff which isn't really linked to any
upstream project -- candidates might be a test, or a very simple
one-time branch.

The five minute tutorial is accurate up to that point; it should
probably highlight how you can also push to a project URL, and I'm
copying Ian to note that. In your case I'm not entirely sure what you're
doing so I can't offer you specific commands.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125