Re: Beta testing: Launchpad is now an OpenID provider

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 10:42 -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> On April 3, 2008, Siegfried-Angel wrote:

> Also, you cannot use another OpenID to log in Launchpad. Launchpad is only an
> OpenID provider, we don't have plans for now to turn Launchpad into a
> relaying party (and thus accept other OpenID login).

Yet, it would be interesting to have launchpad be an OpenID consumer on
a project by project and a producer by producer basis. Hypothetically
speaking, let's say the Ubuntu project could consume OpenIDs produced by
ubuntuforums and accept them for bug reporting and commenting
exclusively. That would be an integration tool to embrace other sectors
of the community that do not participate in bug reporting (but do engage
in bickering and dead horse flogging in endless discussion threads:
"Dear Developers I have this bug...").

--
Expect the worst; it's the least you can do.