Re: Permissions for changing status of a ticket?

--On 15. April 2008 17:39:26 -0300 Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 08:25:37AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
last night,  roughly 20 tickets of  the Zope 2 tracker were marked as
Invalid by a person (never heard its name) which is no part of the Zope
2  developers group on LP.

It's an unfortunate consequence of hosting bugs openly. In Launchpad we
try to strike the right balance between making it easy for people to use
and modify bugs and keeping the crackpots out, and in this case, it
seems like the crackpot won. Can you tell me privately what user it was
so I can contact him and follow up? Usually just following up with the
end-user resolves the issue.

I don't see why hosting bugs openly conflicts with the requirement exposing the option to change the workflow state only to the core team as part of bugtracker specfic configuration. The old crappy Zope bugtracker provided that option and also my Plone-based bugtracker software PloneCollectorNG provides several options of privacy. The point is that everybody can go into any tracker and change the state without further permissions...and the admins have to run after every single change and fix it if necessary.

Andreas