Re: Permissions for changing status of a ticket?

On 17 Apr 2008, at 22:18, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:11:55PM +0100, Gavin Panella wrote:
On 15 Apr 2008, at 21:39, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
There isn't currently. I've been thinking about this; it's possible
that
we change the semantics so that only bug supervisors are allowed to
change statuses, but I fear that's a big pill to swallow. We could
make
it optional per-project, but there's the slippery slope with options. I
know this doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's really
annoying (it's happened to quite a few Launchpad bugs before) -- so
I'm
a bit hard pressed to decide!

Could we use the bug activity log to measure how much a change like this
would affect real-world use of Launchpad?

Maybe; I have never tried using that table for anything. Have you had
a look at the schema?

Looks good. It records status changes (textually, so some trivial parsing is needed), and a reference to the person who made the change.

We can test if that person is a bug supervisor or not, now. I don't think we can look back and see if that person was a supervisor at the time of the change, so we'll miss the crucial point when people start contributing by triaging, etc., but before they are taken on as bug supervisors.

Perhaps we could add some code to start measuring this from here on. At simplest, we could just add a "is bug supervisor" flag to the bug activity log.