Re: problems with firefox3 po file in launchpad

Hi,

Il giorno gio, 08/05/2008 alle 17.45 +0200, Frco. Javier Rial ha
scritto:
> Hi:
>
> I've just downloaded the PO files from Launchpad.
>
> Applied our galician translation from Firefox2 with kbabel.
>
> Save those files and upload those PO files to Launchpad...
>
> Launchpad answered that:
>
> #We were unable to import the file because of errors in its format:
> #
> #PO file: duplicate msgid ending on line 73
>

> I execute "msgfmt -c _firefox-gl.po" to check the file and the command
> gives me 640 duplicated strings.
>
> The same happens if i open the untranslated PO file, translate only 1
> string (manually) and save that file.
> If I upload that file, launchpad gives me the same answer.
>

> Can someone explain me what I'm doing wrong?? Maybe a problem with the
> Firefox3 po files in Launchpad??
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks from galician community.

The problem, I think, is due to the fact that Firefox does not support
the po format itself, it uses something else IIRC (rdf files and the
like). When I was looking at the translations of Firefox I found some
duplicated strings, something that with a po file would have never
happened.

Probably Launchpad can't import po file that are "malformed" as there
should not be duplicated strings...

If you want to look at FF translations on your system, look
inside /usr/lib/firefox-addons/extensions/

My 0.2$... and take them with caution, I could be wrong... :)

--
Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande@xxxxxxxx>