Re: Launchpad janitor / expiry of unanswered questions

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 02:58:09PM +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> I'm slightly surprised that an unanswered question would be expired:
> wouldn't it be better to leave unanswered questions open so that
> people going through their lists will see it and answer it?

Ultimately it depends on how burdened the group answering the questions
is. If you never expire and your backlog is gigantic, you end up with
ubuntu-bugs-syndrome, where even though you can improve process dealing
with new bugs, the volume of old bugs dwarfs that.

> From: Launchpad Janitor <question35010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:38 AM
> To: matthew.east@xxxxxxxxx
>

> Your question #35010 on Launchpad itself changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/35010

> Launchpad Janitor expired the question:
> This question was expired because it remained in the 'Open' state
> without activity for the last 15 days.

In this case, it also helps that expiration raises attention to an
unanswered question: we have many people answering and every once in a
while one falls through the cracks. If you really care about it, you'll
reopen it and I'll definitely notice that.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125