Re: Launchpad janitor / expiry of unanswered questions

Matthew East sagte:
> I had an unanswered question which was auto-expired overnight.
>
> I'm slightly surprised that an unanswered question would be expired:
> wouldn't it be better to leave unanswered questions open so that
> people going through their lists will see it and answer it?

Surely the time frame for expiring questions could be questioned but not
the fact that questions need to be expired if no answer is found or given.

When I look at the list of questions, I look for recent open questions. I
do not go too far back in looking, mostly because there is usually
something I can have a say in within the first page. I cannot imagine
anybody going through the lists and searching for old open questions.

So it makes sense to me to expire unanswered questions at some time.

Henning