Re: Launchpad janitor / expiry of unanswered questions

On June 18, 2008, Matthew East wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had an unanswered question which was auto-expired overnight.
>
> I'm slightly surprised that an unanswered question would be expired:
> wouldn't it be better to leave unanswered questions open so that
> people going through their lists will see it and answer it?

We expire unanswered questions because if it wasn't answered in 15 days, there
is practically no chance that it will get answered without new information.
For the Launchpad case, it's different because we use it more as an RT
system, so expiry is kind of annoying. We are working on a plan to improve
the response time in that forum.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx