Re: Rosetta after 31 July 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 4:37 AM, Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
> Not necessarily from scratch.  The existing GPL'ed translations are
> effectively "published" ones.  Which means they stay licensed as
> they are.  If you re-import them as published uploads, further
> changes in Launchpad can be "overlaid" as BSD-licensed additions on
> top of those.
>
> You'd have to mix licenses, with the additions covered by both GPL
> and BSD, but is that a problem?

After reading the discussions about the license issue on this list,
I'm pretty unsure about the consequences. I have no problems with the
BSD license, but at least I want to have all translations licensed the
same as the project itself.

Let's assume the following:

I've uploaded a template and a german translation to Launchpad, both
GPL'ed. Someone adds for example a spanish translation and someone
else changes one or two strings in my german translation. Does this
mean that I come up with a GPL'ed template, a BSD licensed spanish
translation and a GPL'ed german translation with one or two strings
licensed under BSD?

-Andi