Re: BSD licence

Milo Casagrande wrote:
--- Mar 1/7/08, Matthew East <mdke@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
The problem with that is that because of the fact that
translations
from upstream are generally not imported immediately in
Ubuntu, and
the solution is often for the translation team to upload
the upstream
translation in Rosetta. At least I believe that is how the
Italian
team does things.

Yes, we've always done that for speeding up the process.

It's from before my time, but I believe that's why we talk about "published" uploads instead of "upstream" ones: it means they come from somewhere upstream from where they're being imported, but not necessarily from all the way upstream. So as long as an upload is marked as published, Launchpad knows it's not the original source and knows not to assume it's BSD-licensed.

The change we're going through now should make it easier for us to explain this in the future, without too much legalese.

Jeroen