Re: BSD licence

--- Mar 1/7/08, Matthew East <mdke@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> The problem with that is that because of the fact that
> translations
> from upstream are generally not imported immediately in
> Ubuntu, and
> the solution is often for the translation team to upload
> the upstream
> translation in Rosetta. At least I believe that is how the
> Italian
> team does things.

Yes, we've always done that for speeding up the process.

> That will no longer be possible, if
> I've understood
> correctly.

I don't know... but probably when you upload a translation from upstream and publish it as "coming from upstream", it should maintains its license; if you publish it as a "user upload" then, as Danilo said, you're messing up a little bit the translations and in that case you're publishing under BSD.

At least that's how I have interpreted the all thing...

--
Milo Casagrande

      Hai un indirizzo email difficile da ricordare?
Scegli quello che hai sempre desiderato su Yahoo! Mail
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nuovo_indirizzo.html