question on bzr and suse enterprise linux

I just installed SLED 10.2 and am looking to install bzr and start working again on documents and projects.  Bzr 1.5 requires Python 2.5, SLED is still on Python 2.4.  I can get 1.3 of Bzr to install just wondering if I will be able to work w/ my bzr branches that are currently hosted on LP.
Is there a version of bzr that is required to launchpad ?