Re: Rosetta: Need re-upload of packages to get upstream translations?

Am Sonntag, den 14.09.2008, 10:37 +0200 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> Sebastian Heinlein [2008-09-13 21:45 +0200]:
> > once again Rosetta makes a very bad image: The translations for Intrepid
> > have been opened quite late (after feature freeze). A lot of upstream
> > translations are missing. In the case of KDE it is a total desaster:
> > E.g. the upstream translation of konqueror is nearly 100% in Kubuntu
> > only ~ 50%. The corresponding upstream team is more than disappointed.
>
> It's not much better with GNOME, a lot of important translations, like
> Evolution, are missing as well.

[..]

> So I strongly propose the Launchpad translations developers to improve
> the import logic instead of wasting precious developer time on
> approving all domains manually. I talked about this briefly with
> Jeroen last week, and he seemed to be open to the idea.

Would be nice to get a statement from the Rosetta developers about their
next steps and the timeframe for a solution.

It is not only the developers' time but also the time of translators. We
have to organize the translation. Regarding all the blog posts recently
there are already teams targeting the Intrepid translation.

Regards,

Sebastian