Re: Review dashboard

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Martin Albisetti
<martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
>>
>> I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
>>    - the reviews I *must* do
>
> These would be the ones that where explicitly requested for your review?

Yes.

>>    - the reviews I *can* do
>
> This may get quite big, as it's any that you have permissions on the target
> branch, or belong to a team that has been requested to review it.

Sure, but bundlebuggy manages to do it for a relatively active project.

>>    - the reviews I'm waiting for.
>
> With any pending reviews?  As in, if there are 2 reviews requested, and just
> 1 got filled in?

Yes.

In story-mode:

As an upstream developer,
I want to see the branches that I've submitted for review that haven't
been reviewed yet
so that I can hassle the people who are supposed to review it.

>>    - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
>> anything about.
>
> All requested reviews done?

Good question. There are two sub-categories that are interesting here:

- Branches I can merge now.
- Branches that I need to fix in some way.

But yes, requested reviews that are done.

The emphasis here is Launchpad making it easier for me to get stuff
done and harder to let things slip.

>> These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
>> grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
>> work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
>> switching mental context between projects is expensive.
>
> +1

Glad we agree.

>> I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
>> having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.
>
> +1 billion

Is that +1 billion to "let's do a review dashboard first" or +1
billion to "global dashboard"?

jml