Re: python setup.py sdist -does not include all files under revision

Hello Lukasz,

Lukasz Szybalski [2008-11-26 19:21 -0600]:
> python setup.py sdist
>
> Unfortunately it does not include all files in the package/ files
> under revision.

No idea about setuptools_bzr, but Jason already replied to that.

FWIW, I also maintain my own MANIFEST.in, since my project (jockey) creates
some autogenerated files which need to go into the source, too, and doesn't
ship everything in bzr. My "do-release" script has this rule to check that I
didn't forget anything:

# check manifest
./setup.py build
./setup.py sdist -o
./setup.py clean -a
missing=$(for f in `find -type f ! -path '*.bzr*' ! -name '.coverage' ! -name 'MANIFEST*' ! -name do-release ! -name TODO`; do grep -qFx "${f#./}" < MANIFEST || echo $f; done)
if [ -n "$missing" ]; then
    echo "MANIFEST is missing the following files:"
    echo "$missing"
    exit 1;
fi

So for every new file I either need to add it to the find blacklist,
or to MANIFEST.in.

Maybe it helps anyone.

Martin