Re: python setup.py sdist -does not include all files under revision

Your MANIFEST.in could look like this:

recursive-include *
prune not-this-file.htm
prunt or-this-one.txt

Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net
jpeddicord@xxxxxxxxxx
jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2008, at 3:32 AM, Martin Pitt wrote:
>>
>> Lukasz Szybalski [2008-11-26 19:21 -0600]:
>>> python setup.py sdist
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it does not include all files in the package/ files
>>> under revision.
>>
>> No idea about setuptools_bzr, but Jason already replied to that.
>
> Sorry, I have not been following this thread.  If you find bugs in
> setuptools_bzr, please report them here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/setuptoolsbzr
>
> and I'll do my best to fix them.  I use it in my own projects, so I'm
> keen on making sure it works properly.

So I search some of the old emails and I found that setuptools reads
.svn stuff if they are there and that is how it knows what to include.
This doesn't seem to work with setuptoolsbzr, I've added a tickiet.

As far as keeping a manifest.in, that seems like a lot of work? What
would be a command on setup.py that would run "put all the files in
manifest.in" and then I could take out what I don't want. Currently I
want all the files in, things change a lot so keeping track manually
would not be an option.

Thanks,
Lucas