Re: "Abuse" of Contact User feature

În data de Lu, 01-12-2008 la 18:20 +0000, Matthew East a scris:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Matthew East <mdke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Over the last couple of days I've had a few direct emails from users
> >> looking for support with Ubuntu which end up in my inbox. They have
> >> been sent through the "Contact user" feature of Launchpad:
> >>
> >> "This message was sent by Launchpad via the Contact user/team
> >> link on your profile page.  For more information see
> >> https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/ContactingPeople";
> >>
> >> It's not the end of the world, I will try and set up a filter on these
> >> messages so that they don't end up in my inbox, and then reply to them
> >> when I have time, but I wondered if there anything that can/should be
> >> done to make it clearer that this feature is not for support requests?
> >
> > Other people have seen this.  There is also a problem of people
> > sending mail to large teams.
> >
> > There is some discussion of limiting it to only people with positive
> > karma, which is presumed to be people with some idea of how to use the
> > tools and what is polite.
>
> Perhaps a more principled basis for solving this issue would be to
> prevent individuals from emailing a team unless they are the team's
> administrator or owner?
I know that support requests may be annoying but I prefer to be able to
contact other people in Launchpad for the cost of receiving one or two
support requests per week.

I don't know if it's fair to restrict many good intentioned users due to
a bunch of people who don't know how to use the wiki or the forum.

Do you think that a BIG warning explaining people this feature is not
for support requests will not help?

Kindest regards,
Adi