Re: "Abuse" of Contact User feature

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 21:26, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are discussing this as a option. We may want the behaviour to be
> different depending upon the contacter's membership in the team:
>
> a) team member may contact the whole team.
>   Even if the whole team has a mailing list, not every member will be
>   subscribed to it.
> b) non-team members may contact the team owner.
>   The owner may choose to reply the email, to delegate it to someone
>   else.

Please do not make this a single feature with context-sensitive
behaviour, but instead to clearly distinct and unsurprising features.

Contacting the "team admin role" and contacting "all members of the
team" are both useful features, but proving a single interaction with
behavior dependent on the membership of the user in the selected team
is going to cause confusion and grief.