Re: [Launchpad-users] how to recover /etc/shadow file from single user mode

On 08/03/2009 07:47 AM, saikat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have forgotten the root passwod in my system. I have installed ubuntu
> 9.04. The /etc/shadow file also been corrupted. Now please let me know
> how I can recover the file from single user mode?
>
> Thanks,
> Saikat Saha
This sounds like a system wide password that you forgot. If that is
correct why post to Launchpad list?
If it is your system password you can get more info from the following link:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LostPassword

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III